Living with Diabetes
Having diabetes may mean changes at work. It may also mean changes in your social life. But these changes won't keep you from doing well at work or enjoying your free time.
Sarah Bush Lincoln offers Living with Diabetes, an exercise and education program is designed for people with diabetes – from those who have just been diagnosed to those who have been living with diabetes and want to be healthier and feel better. You will work one-on-one with a registered dietitian and a registered nurse, both certified diabetic educators, to evaluate your current status, including nutrition assessment. After your first visit, you will receive on-going diabetes education and exercise in a class that meets twice a week.
People with diabetes can live a healthier life by:
- learning more about diabetes
- getting more physical exercise
- eating healthier
About the program
- A multidisciplinary approach to diabetes management focusing on nutrition and exercise held in the Sarah Bush Lincoln Heart Center
– initial nutrition consultation with a dietitian
– assessment by a registered nurse
– supervised exercise sessions and education by certified diabetes educators
- People with diabetes
- improve one’s quality of life
- prevent or delay complications of diabetes