Effingham Art Guild members submitted 99 pieces of art to this year’s art show held in late June. Of the 26 contributing artists, John Gabb was honored with Best Overall for his piece entitled “Along the Ganges River.”
All the art is displayed at the Sarah Bush Lincoln Bonutti Clinic at 1303 W. Evergreen Ave., Effingham. Awards were based on SBL Bonutti Clinic employee voting.
“Dancing of Initiative” created by Jan VonBokel was awarded first place; “Car in Barn” by Thomas Broadfoot earned second place; “Smokey Roads” by Stacey Zerrusen took third place; “Minnie’s Door” by Lynn Reznick and “To Kill Ya Sunshine” by James Graham both received honorable mentions.
Other honorees were:
- Best in Abstracts: Samuel Tucker, “Sub Sonic”
- Best in Animals: Jan Clair Mason, “Cat”
- Best in Floral: Eydie Carruthers, “Dahlia”
- Best in People/Portraits: John Gabb, “Alan”
- Best in Photography, Wallace Grant: “Umbrellas in the Park”
- Best in Rural Life/Structures, Bob Ritz: “From Dusk Till Dawn”
- Best in Still Life, Carolyn Lambert: “Snacks and More”
- Best in Waterscapes, Sharon Moss: “Crashing Waves”
The SBL Bonutti Clinic purchased “Close of Day” by Barb Brummer. It is displayed in the clinic’s lobby. Orthopedic Surgeon Peter Bonutti, MD, and Bonutti Research purchased “Lake Sara Reflection” by John Gabb.
During the presentation, the Art Guild remembered Sandra Lautrup, who passed away. She was an active Art Guild member for many years. A donation to the Effingham Art Guild Association was made in her honor.