The DAISY Team Award
The DAISY Team Award is a concept brought to us by DAISY Award Partner Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. It recognizes that while an idea to achieve better patient and family outcomes may start with one individual, it often takes an entire team to implement successfully. The DAISY Team Award is designed to honor collaboration by two or more people, led by a nurse, who identify and meet patient and/or patient family needs by going above and beyond the traditional role of Nursing.
Nomination deadline: July 1.
Selection criteria include the following:
- Teams must be led by a nurse or group of nurses
- Teams must be comprised of 2 or more individuals
- Team members exemplify Sarah Bush Lincoln’s values and embody our mission and vision
- Team members are role models of collaboration and teamwork that make a difference in the lives of patient, families, employees, the community
- The Team’s project should be described in detail, including outcomes
Some examples of extraordinary collaborations that may be honored with The DAISY Team Award include:
- A “Prom” organized for a patient who is unable to go to her/his own
- An ED team dealing with multiple accident victims
- A wedding for a patient who is unable to attend her/his own outside of the healthcare facility.
- A fund to provide haircuts to patients who will lose their hair during treatment, then donating the hair to a charitable organization who can put the hair to good use.
- A process for creating mementos of patients to be given to family members
Nominations received for these teams will be held and reviewed annually by the DAISY Committee. An internal call for nominations will be made prior to this review to give staff an opportunity to nominate eligible individuals.
DAISY award presentations are meant to be joyful occasions. The recognition ceremony, coordinated by the DAISY Committee, will be held at the annual DAISY banquet in September.
Gifts to each DAISY Team Honoree include:
- a special DAISY Team certificate in a DAISY Foundation portfolio
- a specially designed DAISY recognition pin
- a DAISY Team plaque, to be displayed on the unit